Tips for Choosing a Mini
Go to the facility office check to see if the office is clean and businesslike. Are the buildings and grounds clean and in good repair? Is the office staff professional and courteous?
- Ask about high tech security
- Has the facility had any break-in problems?
- Do they have a gate system that requires an individual code for access and exit?
- Do they have security cameras?
- Ask to see a unit that fits your requirements
- Is the unit clean?
- Does the facility offer free wooden pallet for units that are located on cement floors? (Storing boxes, mattresses and items that could absorb moisture through concrete floor should have protection by use of wooden pallets, which allows an air barrier between your items and the floor)
- Ask if the storage contract is month to month
- Ask if insurance is mandatory. For most facilities it is not. Check with your insurance agent to see if they have coverage. Most storage companies offer a brochure from a company that specializes in self storage insurance.
- Is all prepaid rent returned to you upon moving out?
- Is the facility accessible 365 days a year?